Try installing/enabling the PHP Curl extension.
apt-get install php5-curl
This guide will change the document root, create a virtual host, bypass proxy(if behind corporate server)for the virtual host.
1. Change 2 entries in httpd.conf
DocumentRoot "c:/wamp/www/" to DocumentRoot "d:/webdir/"
<Directory "c:/wamp/www/"> to <Directory "d:/webdir/">
2. Search for and uncomment the line below to enable virtual hosts
# Virtual hosts Include conf/extra/httpd-vhosts.conf
3. Add a default virtual host and a custom entry by editing the file C:\wamp\bin\apache\apache2.4.9\conf\extra\httpd-vhosts.conf
<VirtualHost *:80> ServerName localhost DocumentRoot "d:/webroot" </VirtualHost> <VirtualHost *:80> ServerAdmin [email protected] ServerName site1.local DocumentRoot "d:/webroot/site1" ErrorLog "site1.log" CustomLog "site1.custom.log" common </VirtualHost>
5. Add entry to hosts file, C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts
6. Restart all services in Wamp
This should work, things to look out for:
Enable Apache Mod_rewrite, although it may appear enabled in Wamp interface also check httpd.conf for the line
LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so
If behind proxy server add to exceptions in browser
If you have an issue where you cannot save proxy settings for a WiFi network try the below.
1. Hold down the WiFi network and select ‘Modify network’
2. Select ‘Show advanced options’
3. Scroll down to proxy and enter the hostname and port
4. If the save box is greyed out re-enter the password
Tested with Android 5.0
To allow global internet access through a proxy server you can add the code below to the file /etc/bash.bashrc.
To have immediate effect without need for a reboot type:
For temporary http proxy just type
Tested with Debian distros